Wednesday 28 January 2015

My Junkanoo experience- Kim

Junkanoo experience on New Year’s Day was a memorable event with study abroad. It offered me more than I expected. Before I applied the Bahamas course, I had no idea of it because I heard about Bahamas which is in Caribbean and that’s all my information. I also did not have any information about Junkanoo. So I had low expectation of it. 

While Junkanoo festival, I was incredibly hyper because my ex major was applied music and I really love percussion and Brass sound. I was captivated by parade sound. Also, I was possessed by participants’s decoration and car decoration. Junkanoo was my ideal parade I had wanted to make experience. In addition local people were very kindness and explanation well to foreigners. Thunder sticks which I got from their sponsor made me more hyper during the Junkanoo. I really love Junkanoo. It was a 8 hours long unforgettable event 

No comments:

Post a Comment