Friday 23 January 2015

Jennifer Li - Junkanoo Experience




Hi everyone! My experience with Junkanoo was so incredible I can barley find the words to describe it. First off, prior to the Junkanoo Festival, I couldn't even pronounce the name correctly. I tried my best to resist the urge to search up videos on the festival so I wouldn't have any expectations. When the time came for the festival the only information I knew was that all the costumes were made from cardboard by the participants and also the music was created by the participants. To kick off the Junkanoo, my group volunteered for the "circle" (see video below). It was a great beginning and my experience only went up from there. The live music was spectacular! There were multiple times where the audience even began dancing with the groups. Even though by 8AM I could barley keep my eyes opened, I knew I definitely didn't make the wrong decision by attending Junkanoo. This experience was unforgettable and extremely eye-opening.






No comments:

Post a Comment