Sunday 25 January 2015

Khadijah Nimrod-What I've learned from the course

In just two short weeks, I've learned so much through this short term study abroad program. It is one thing to learn about hospitality, culture, tourism etc in a classroom setting out of a textbook, but it is another thing when you can actually live and experience it all first hand. Evaluating the customer experience in the Bahamas was definitely something to take away. I've never really looked into the customer journey/experience through the lens that we evaluated the Junkanoo Festival and our entire stay before. Seldom do I consciously think about my experiences and analyze them to the extent that we did. I've learned a lot about marketing, and branding and overall how cultures across the world vary. What may be important to us as Americans may not be important to Bahamians or even those of other cultures, but when you get to experience these things first hand, you begin to have an appreciation and respect for others. From the culture, to the government, to the people… the Bahamas has truly been an awesome learning "classroom". I've taken away so much in such a short time frame and I can truly say I will apply many of the concepts and teachings that I've learned in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment