Friday 23 January 2015

Veronica Buza: What I learned from the course


This course was a fantastic way to combine learning about marketing/event management, while experiencing the culture of the Bahamas. It was definitely important to learn the different frameworks that pertain to analyzing the customer experience and marketing/PR initiatives. The readings provided prior to landing in the Bahamas were very helpful to my learning experience. However, the most important things I learned were taught to me while in the Bahamas. I learned a lot about the culture of the Bahamas. The tour provided by Valdez provided great insights into the judicial system, government, and religion of Bahamians. The Educulture Junkanoo Museum taught me so much. I learned about how Bahamians prepare for Junkanoo months in advance and create their costumes and music. It was so interesting to learn about why Junkanoo is so important to the Bahamians. It is truly one of the largest facets of their culture. The readings truly complemented the festival and helped me provide an educated analysis of the event. Some other fun things I learned are: 1) Bahamians move at a slow pace, which is probably why they are so relaxed (I have never felt less stressed), 2) Conch is delicious, but eating it for every meal may conch you out (pun very much intended), and 3) One Bahama Mama is one too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment