Friday 23 January 2015

Jennifer Li - Recommendations


The Junkanoo was an amazing experience, I'm sure it's the same for locals and visitors but I would definitely recommend a few things. First, I thought I could get through the whole festival without a nap but I was wrong. Sleep is key! The festival begins roughly at 2 am and continues all through the night until about 12 pm. Maybe because I’m getting older but by 6 am my eyes were closing. Another tip would be to try the local foods. The festival is a perfect time to explore and experience the island. The food stands were cheap and delicious. And lastly, two words – BUG SPRAY. I don’t know if mosquitos love my blood or I’m just unlucky but I regret not applying bug spray. But the Junkanoo was extremely amazing and unforgetting, you’ll understand when you experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment