Sunday 25 January 2015

Khadijah Nimrod- Junkanoo Experience

Being of a caribbean decent, I've had my shares of carnivals and island festivals. I knew what it felt like to be up for hours in anticipation and excitement for something as big as this. However, being that Junkanoo is native to the Bahamas and relatively incomparable to most caribbean carnivals, I had a different set of expectations for what Junkanoo would behold. I must say, the Junkanoo Festival was definitely within the top 10 best experiences of my life thus far. It was definitely something magical to remember forever. From interacting with the local Bahamians, learning about a new culture and eventually becoming engulfed and invested in it, definitely made my trip even the more special. I definitely want to go back in the future, as I will be able to share my experiences with others around me. I am very grateful and appreciative that I was afforded this opportunity and I have taken so much away from it.






No comments:

Post a Comment